Saturday, March 25, 2006

Lord, here I am, send Badaday.....




Christians at some point get to this stage when out of deep conviction for the call of the Lord for more laborers to go out and work on the kingdom harvest compusively declare (like me), "Lord, here I am, send Badaday (especially if the harvest is in Africa) please."

I tell ya, full-time missions may cost you a lot, but I believe it is the highest calling and most "lucrative" and rewarding vocation in life. Jesus said, "in my Father's place, there are many mansions..."

There you go Bads, you'll have a bigger mansion as your heavenly reward, simply obey Him on my behalf...:).

I went to the Toronto Missionsfest today. There were exhibits/stalls of the various Canadian Christian missions organizations involved in the propagation of the gospel or good news of salvation all over the world. My primary purpose for going was again, to get a feel of the vocation I thought I wanted to go into in my youth. The whole event was very touching and in a lot of aspects, enlightening. You won't leave the place spiritually empty handed. I for one was very happy and fulfilled that Fanny (who went with me) for the first time that I've known her, listened to my testimonials and acknowledged (she did not know God) that there is a God actively at work in her life. She was amenable to go to the healing room and be prayed for, and profusely thanked me upon informing her that I am praying for her younger brother who is afflicted with stomach cancer. I believe this seed that is being planted in her heart will someday soon yield the ultimate prize in her life - the assurance of eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

The Lord when He ascended to Heaven, left us with His Great Commission, "Go ye and make disciples of all men, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit." Matthew 28:18-20.

I may not have yielded the call for missionaries to Africa (yet, who knows?), but I am currently doing, by God's grace, some planting and harvest work where I am. And if the Lord will someday call me to Africa,I guess I'll just have to offer Bads again.Or maybe not...:).

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosover believes in His name will not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

A prayer of salvation:

Father forgive me for my sins. I repent. Thank you for eternal life through the Lord Jesus' sacrifice on the cross. Come into my heart and be the Saviour and Lord of my life. Amen.

And this is His promise:He who has the son has eternal life, he who does not have the son does not have eternal life. 1 John 5:12.

What are you waiting for? Today is the day of salvation. 2 Corinthians 6:2.

6 Comments:

Blogger ss said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:55 AM  
Blogger ss said...

don't beat around the bush na.. here she is, Lord! she was like jonah before, now ready na daw sya! so you can finally send her (if it's in africa or timbuktu, then so be it)! :)

Romans 10:13-15
13 for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
14 How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?
15 And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

8:21 AM  
Blogger cacofonix said...

oo nga vads, how beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!

actually, we shouldn't be joking about it. it's a sacred calling. akala lang kse natin minsan when we hesitate to ask the Lord for His planned destiny for us, we won't have fun, but He promised...

"For I know my plans for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you ,plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11.

He knows us better than we know ourselves. I'm actually open to His calling....kaya nga here I am , send Badaday...este....as He gives me the strength and openness to obey and trust Him....

hay, kainit naman kse sa Zimbabwe at baka magustuhan ako ng prince of Timbuktu....hirap na, di ko feel maging royalty in some faraway land.....:). pero lam naman lahat ni Lord yun and if He calls, He knows best...:).

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

test, test, test, papashok kaya to???

6:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ayuuunn pasok!!

e manang, pag queen of timbukthu ka na sana wag mo kami makalimutan kahit man lang taga punas ng nilakaran mo oks na oks na sa akin. i have beautiful feet too, pareho nga lang kanan at saka mukang luya yung mga toes ko.

dont worry, darating na regalo mo galing kay Lord, soon. kaya mag ready ka na kasi grand talaga.

6:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ngoi minervaapongharingmgaboaconstrictors, hayaan mo't irerekomenda kita sa hari ng timbuctilulu na maging tiga-fayfay ko pede na yung fan and luya like faa mo make sure to sanitize it wid tawas en kalamansi ol da taym dough.

tenks for the prophecy, hayaan mo at pag dumating na yung grand thing na yun eh we will celebrate, bahala ka na kung saang mundok...:)

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger