Monday, May 22, 2006

Heaven is Where You are Jesus.....



"Heaven is where you are Jesus, in the glory up above...I want to be there with you Jesus, coz heaven is where you are, for all eternity Jesus. Coz heaven is where you are...resting by your side, living in your light..."

Click here to listen to this uplifting song.

I couldn't agree more with the description on the mission's website:

The African drums resound and one by one the children come dancing down the aisles in their brilliant Ugandan costumes, with radiant smiles on their faces! Throughout Watoto's Concert of Hope, you experience the energy and sense the joy and hope that these beautiful Ugandan orphans have found!

Behind those innocent and radiant faces are sometimes harrowing experiences from losing either one or both parents to AIDS or the civil war. I was bawling while watching these kids perform yesterday. Infact, I wasn't really aware who they were or where they came from when I first saw them lining up on the church aisles. It was amazing however that while watching these confident, evidently well-taken care of kids standing where they were, my spirit picked up something that gave my heart a crushing sensation, squeezing the rain out of my eyes. Then I understood (what I picked up in the spirit) when they finally walked up on the stage and were introduced. This is one of the perks of being a born-again Christian, the Holy Spirit does not live outside of me. He is actually inside of me (yes, inspite of my heart needing a continuing major sanctification process - thank God for His grace!) and I could feel it when He Himself is moved by the plight of His children! My claims are not without basis mind you, read all of the New Testament for reference, if you believe the bible is the infallible Word of God that is...:).

Anyway, despite the unabashedly flowing tears, I thouroughly enjoyed the soulful blend of native African rhythms, contemporary gospel music and ethnic dance movements. I cultivated an appreciation for the African culture (my eyes were actually opened) after reading "God in the Midst of the Rwandan Genocide." I see a lot of similarities between them and our very own Filipino culture, especially strong filial love and commitment.

Later on after the church service, I made sure I bought an item from the souvenir table (I love the colourful necklace!) in support of this admirable missions organization (Watoto Chid Care Ministries) whose main purpose is to raise godly and well-balanced leaders of the future Uganda.

4 Comments:

Blogger ss said...

Ate-Tulipya, lagi busy dial-up now, nakalusot lang ako now. I'll go to their website later & listen to their music too. I'm sure I'll like their music, coz I like African music! More than that, I'm sure I'll be inspired! Thanks for sharing about them! Hope & pray (with you) for God's blessings & grace upon their lives & ministry! :)

Pero syempre iba pa rin ang live music that you witnessed, di ba?! No wonder, (you said) you were bawling! You also said you first saw them lining up on the church aisles, what church is that? Dyan ka na ba nagwo-worship service?

Btw, inspite of sad past experiences, the genuine smiles on their faces (in the pic) show their true joy in the Lord! And to think that we sometimes forget to thank God for His blessings upon us & even complain.. God is also using them as a reminder to us! God bless! :)

10:27 PM  
Blogger cacofonix said...

Ate Bads, buti nakalusot ka now. Yeah try to go to their website, you'll be blessed. Pareho tayo, I love African music, especially the rhythm. You'd be inspired if you were here, I think I'm going to another one of their concerts tonight, depends on whether I'm too tired to go.

I've been going to the Toronto Airport Christian Church, famous for the so-called "Toronto Blessing." There was a major revival over 10 years ago and people from different parts of the world came over to witness a different move of God. Hanggang ngayon, people from other parts of the world still come over to get trainings, for the most part. God willing, I'll be attending the Prophetic Ministry training end of his week. They have regular ministries for healing, prophecy and the like. Anyway, you can google "Toronto Blessing" if you're interested in more info...

Great reminder talaga yang mga batang yan, if you see them, their eyes and faces are literally bright and shining, from and for the love of the Lord. God bless too.

12:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

atcheng, ang kukyut nila, at ang liwanag ng mga ngiti parang walang pinagdaanang kalungkutan at kasawian sa buhay 'no? kase naman the Lord is taking really good care of them. bumili na rin ako ng ganyang cd dito, pero mga african oppressed women naman ang kumanta at talagang nararamdaman ang richness at lalim ng kanilang mga damdamin kahit na wala akong maintindihan dun sa kinakanta nila.

pwede na daw magamit ang skype (US at Canada only for now) PC to landline na libre. asan na mikropono mo? para makadaldal na tayo pc to pc.

ikaw rin badaday!!!!

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

atchengcheng,

oo nga, mas malalim ang sugat, mas malalim yata ang kapasidad na maramdaman ang saya. yep, kahit di ko rin maunawaan ang kanilang salita eh nararamdaman ko ang essence ng kanilang damdamin at mensahe the way they sing.

haven't got the chance to buy microphone. pag naalala....

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger