Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Feel ko lang to repost...


On MY LOvE FOr THe OcEAn....

I Bottled the Ocean and the Sand


Now tell me who would have thought of this?
I bottled the ocean and the sand
And placed it in a wooden medicine cabinet
Along with my Tylenol and Imodium
Stored for emergency.

Acute Oceanitis, that's what I call it
I get this malady from time to time
An intense longing to be down by the ocean
To set my restless spirit free.

Soon as the gentle breeze caresses my face
And the vision of white capped waves crashing on the rocks
A topping for layers of deep cascading blue and green waters
Hit my craving eyes
Instant relief wash over me.

As I leave footprints on my path
My spirit soars to meet the skies
Peace and joy refill my heart
I whisper then and say,

"Thank You Doctor God
for prescribing me,
the ocean and the sand."



Copyright @ cacofonix777 2004


Postscript on Ocean Remedy:

When I was two I had this terrible whooping cough which my ever-wise Papa thought would be alleviated by breathing in seabreeze. He'd regularly take me to the seawall then, to face the ocean for relief...

2 Comments:

Blogger ss said...

I like your poem, na-miss ko tuloy ang Bora... Your Popsicle is indeed ever-wise! And Doctor GOD is the greatest, all-knowing, always-present & all-powerful Healer! :) GOD bless!

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lika na ulit sa Bora. yep true bout my Popsicle. and what can I say 'bout Doctor God? He's simply the best...:) Amen bads! God bless you too!

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger