Wednesday, August 02, 2006

There must be something about July.....



Found this interesting exchange from a Q and A forum on the net (was trying to prove I'm normal - errrr...currently listening to Oh Little Town of Bethlehem):

Q. Do you listen to Christmas songs in the middle of summer?

A.
I do!
Currently Listening:
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time
The Beatles


Patrick M

A. You know, usually along about July, I get a great longing to hear Christmas carols and find myself playing them then. I like the old old songs of Christmas, and the English and European choirs.

M. LeMas

There you go, I'm amongst the weirds not weird afterall and hmmmmmm...there must be something 'bout July...

Christmas songs like a splash of cold refreshing water on a parched and weary summertime soul?

9 Comments:

Blogger ss said...

ate-tulipya, oo nga! saang site mo nakita yung forum? glad to know di lang pala tayo maagang feeling Christmassy! pero alam mo naman what it is about Christmas.. di ba it's the Christ in CHRISTmas, the celebration of the birth of the Reason for the season! AMEN?!! :)

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen bads! It's masked yearning for a connection with the Spirit who brings life to our otherwise sick spirits - summertime of the soul. We essesntially crave for the celebration of life and LIFE all year round and Christmas carols evoke those feelings...Jesus is the REASON for the SEASON all year-round indeed...:).

3:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buti pa kayo Christmas na, ako semana santa pa din eh :( Heniweys, I'll put the Christmas CD on my player and see if this would cheer me up, haay!

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

e bat ka naman semana santa, pilloniawiwi? hayaan mo, kung ano man yan e gagaan din yang kalbaryo mo mo basta mag pray ka lang lagi.

scannsprrukrungkrung, di ka pa ba mag aapdeyt? araw araw akong nandun sa masnsyon mo e kaso pareho pa rin at ayaw pa rin ako pakomenten.
kumu istas ka na gyud? mag post ka naman ng latest pektyur mo o.

atcheng tulipflip, magkabit ka rin ng christmas tree para pareho tayo.

9:33 AM  
Blogger ss said...

Paging Ate-Yoyang! I posted this on her blog na, but she might see this 1st. I'm sure Atulipya won't mind. Kumusta ka na Yoyang? Hope & pray you're ok! Being one of the choir alumni, I’ll sing with them in our church’s..

Building Expansion Inauguration Service
Aug 6 (this Sun)
9am-12nn
Venue: new building Worship Center

I’m inviting you, at walang ticket yan coz special worship service yan. I really hope you can make it. See ya then, God bless! :)

P.S. Sana nga sina Atulipya & Atenafay kasama din natin.. Next time na lang! :)

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

papilllonia laging nawiwiwi, hala sige lang pagtugtugin ang Christmas CD at pihadong maglalabasan ang magic at galak ng kapaskuhan...:)

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

apolloniang may diarrhea, hayaan mo one of these days, pag nakaahon na ako sa katam episode ko, magkakabit ako ng Christmas tree, Christmas wreath ng lang muna mas madaling isabit...:)

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bads, sali ako sa Christmas cantata....:)

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tita..gano ka katagal dito sa december?

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger