Sunday, May 06, 2007

A Favorite Book...

Many blue moons ago, a best friend in my youth gifted me with this book and for years to come I regarded it as the most sacred book in the world, next to the Bible.

A quick leaf through its many pages will tell you that there's precise profundity by which Oswald Chambers (the author) discusses his sermons.

Here's a segment:

Don’t get impatient with others. Remember how God dealt with you — with patience and with gentleness. But never water down the truth of God. Let it have its way and never apologize for it. Jesus said, "Go . . . and make disciples. . ." ( Matthew 28:19 ), not, "Make converts to your own thoughts and opinions."

My Utmost For His Highest, Oswald's best-known book, has been continuously in the top ten religious book bestseller list in the United States, with millions of copies in print. It has become a Christian classic.

For a daily reading of a chapter click on here.

Jesus said, "I came that they might have life, and that they might have it abundantly." (John 10:10).

Great promise by the Lord eh? But there's a condition: we must trust and obey by consistently and diliegently feeding on His Word. Are you up to this life-changing and ultra-rewarding challenge?

I think I am, now, finally...:).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're back!!!! :)

10:33 PM  
Blogger cacofonix said...

yep i'm back nyoyak..haha

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger