Friday, June 02, 2006

Jesus Take the Wheel...



Here's a few tidbits from a net site (american.com) about the song and Carrie Underwood:

With six weeks at the pole position of the Billboard Country Singles chart, the song ties Faith Hill's "Breathe" as a runner-up for longest-running No. 1 by a solo female artist, a record held by Connie Smith. Smith's "Once A Day" had an eight-week run at No. 1 in 1964-65. On March 2, 2006, Carrie Underwood went back to American Idol to perform her #1 hit single "Jesus, Take The Wheel".

Goes to show that inspite of the sweep of ungodly postures in its society, deep inside, the heart of America is craving for its roots - its Christian birth as a nation and vice versa. Click here (AND SCROLL down to and click on this link - Jesus Take the Wheel, www2.fanscape.com/carrieunderwood/redirects/jesusvidwinmed.aspx - 1k -) to watch the video.

She was driving last Friday on her way to Cincinnati
On a snow white Christmas Eve
Going home to see her Mama and her Daddy with the baby in the backseat
Fifty miles to go and she was running low on faith and gasoline
It been a long hard year
She had a lot on her mind and she didn't pay attention
She was going way to fast
Before she knew it she was spinning on a thin black sheet of glass
She saw both their lives flash before her eyes
She didn't even have time to cry
She was sooo scared
She threw her hands up in the air

Jesus take the wheel
Take it from my hands
Cause I can't do this all on my own
I'm letting go
So give me one more chance
To save me from this road I'm on
Jesus take the wheel

It was still getting colder when she made it to the shoulder
And the car came to a stop
She cried when she saw that baby in the backseat sleeping like a rock
And for the first time in a long time
She bowed her head to pray
She said I'm sorry for the way
I've been living my life
I know I've got to change
So from now on tonight

Jesus take the wheel
Take it from my hands
Cause I can't do this all my own
I'm letting go
So give me one more chance
To save me from this road I'm on

Oh, Jesus take the wheel
Oh, I'm letting go
So give me one more chance
Save me from this road I'm on
From this road I'm on
Jesus take the wheel
Oh, take it, take it from me
Oh, why, oh...

4 Comments:

Blogger ss said...

You know, Ate-Tulipya, I do watch AI. And Carrie is an inspiration, considering that she's in the contemporary mainstream music scene. It's about time that a song glorifying Jesus is a huge success. What more do you know about Carrie & this song (spiritual aspect)? I went to the link you've given, but it's more about her career & the record.. :)

btw, ate-tulipya, nadagdagan ko na at inayos ang latest post ko, pls check it out and tell me what you think.. thanks! :)

3:50 AM  
Blogger cacofonix said...

Bads, Carrie is more on the country music scene which as you may have noticed tend to flow with spiritual themes in a lot of cases. Have you watched Walk the Line? Ganda rin ng story nito, kita mo ang pagkaKristiyano ni Johnny Cash inspite of himself. Yeah, nagplatinum na yung Jesus Take the Wheel and it was voted no. 1 hit single sa Academy Music Awards.

Carrie as far as I know is not born-again, although one of the songwriters, Bret, based the song on a real-life story of his aunt who may have been a born-again Christian. Apparently, the aunt deliberately lifted her hands off the wheel when she didn't know how to control the wheels (in an accident) and asked Jesus to take over. Bret is Canadian.

Go back to my post and check the link you should scroll down to and click when you go to the page. That's the video.

5:05 AM  
Blogger Cris said...

hi tita, like ko yang song na yan. i just had my friend download her album in my ipod :)

10:40 PM  
Blogger cacofonix said...

ei babygurl, am sure glad you like the song.....keep them comin', anything that draws you to Jesus!

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger