Thursday, September 07, 2006

The Longer I Serve Him....the Sweeter it Goes....

Popsie called me yesterday. He doesn't usually do that coz I always initiate a call on a daily basis. It's been days though since I've called them, I guess I'm just burnt out. Popsie says he gets lonely being on his own for the long stretch of the day that Momsie's away at work. I know my calls lift him up, 'will try to get into the routine again. It's just that....

I'm tired, simply tired. Not just tired, I'm weary and it's not just physical. Dear Lord please help and lead me out of this dark tunnel!

Currently listening to this song and being ministered to by Bill Gaither:

The Longer I Serve Him

Words and music: William J. Gaither © 1965
Lead: None
Spoken Vocal: C.D. Davis

Lyrics:

Each day is like heaven, my heart overflows
The longer I serve Him, the sweeter He grows

Spoken Vocal:
You know, it's been over 40 years since I became a servant of Jesus and in all those years, He's never once let me down. Not that I always understood everything that He was doing in my life, but I've served Him long enough to know that even when family members dissapoint you, when friends let you down, or when sickness and death fill you with despair. If you just reach out, Jesus is right there. I can look back at those valleys I've walked through and see that, even when I thought I was all alone, that Jesus was with me all the way. Truly the longer I serve Him, the sweeter He grows.

Chorus:
The longer serve Him, the sweeter He grows
The more that I love Him, more love He bestows
Each day is like heaven, my heart overflows
The longer I serve Him, the sweeter He grows

Since I started for the Kingdom
Since my life He controls
Since I gave my heart to Jesus
The longer I serve Him, the sweeter He grows

Repeat Chorus

Scriptural Reference:

"If they obey and serve him, they will spend the rest of their days in prosperity and their years in contentment." Job 36:11

And I want to go back to my first LOVE, so help me dear sweet Jesus! I'd like to serve you again.

14 Comments:

Blogger ss said...

Hi Ate-Tulipya! Kumusta naman daw sina Popsie & Momsie mo? Hope & pray for his complete recovery, and God bless your Momsie too! How uplifting, the song & spoken vocal also minister to me!
Ikaw, kumusta ka na? God's grace is always with you... but since you're human, yung burn-out mo now is most probably overfatigue (physical & emotional) from what your family just went through... I know you know the verses below, but I do hope & pray God will use them now to inspire you... God bless! :)

Isaiah 40:28-31 (NIV)
28 Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.

29 He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.

30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;

31 but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eh tiTa,, kElan bA Q mAsasamA sA mGa pictUres nA yan?? hEhEhe

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hola bads thanks so much for your prayers and your mom's too. everything's going well by His grace. yep, the song is very uplifting. love the spoken vocal too. i'm doing well...oo nga super burnt out that don't even have the energy to go to Ro y Thomson Hall to see Brad Pitt for the film festival...:). Thanks for the verses....just what I needed!

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ei tintirintintin, musta na? what's up? e-mail ka naman! hayaan mo by God's grace makakasama ka rin namin sa mga pics na yan.....keep on working, hoping and praying, God will give you the desires of your heart if you trust in Him...:)

5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Atulipya. Ang sagot sa burnout--pahinga at masahe!!! I plan to get one later. Hay, kakapagod talaga ang buhay. Mabuti na lang may pagkain, he he. The ultimate upper for me yan :)

If feeling down pa din, hanap ng pader, iuntog ang ulo ng paulit-ulit sabang sinasambit--'I have my health, I have my health, I have my health'

10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi my gorgeous tita!!!! well sabihin mo kasi kay papa pwede namang samahan ko sya jan eh...aalagaan ko pa xa..duh! hehe

2:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi my gorgeous tita!!!! well sabihin mo kasi kay papa pwede namang samahan ko sya jan eh...aalagaan ko pa xa..duh! hehe

2:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ei yoyaks, oo nga naisip ko nga yan eh. pasalamat ako kay Lord I have my health. yun ang pinakaimportante. eto nga eh, bumili ako ng fake nails at bising nagdididikit. baka kako makatulong na pasayahin ako. as for pagkain, hay oo bumili ako ng 2 pint ng cappucino ice cream at ito ang ultimate sa akon, medyo hokey na naman ako. as for the untog, yoko, baka lalong lumala ang katok ko pag naalog lalo yutak...he he...

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tensionado, sino ba ikaw, kaw ba si bea? hayaan mo sasabihin ko yan kay Papa at para maimport ka. kaya lang baka ikaw pa ang alagaan ni Papa ha? bakit ka ba tensionado?

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hola!! ahahahaha ako din sasama ko sa pictures!! buti naman si maryse may friendster na. sino gumawa nun? tintirintin at tensionado..hello!! sino ba si tensionado?? :)

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bungisngis at sino ka naman? si ness or si mae? pinagawa sa akin ni maryse yung friendster nya at pinapainvite kayong lahat....teka teka, magpakilala nga kayo't nalilito na ako...:). sige sama ka sa pictures!

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bungisngis, at sino naman si hikaw? pinagawa sa akon ni maryse yung friendster nya at kulit ng kulit sa akin. pinapainvite kayong lahat...sige sama ka sa pictures...teka sino ka ba? si ness or si mae? nalilito na ako, magpakilala nga kayo...pati hikaw tensionado...:)

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Atulipya, found source of raw mats for bags and shoes yesterday. Tagal ko nga dun kakakutingting ng mga bagay-bagay. Naalala kita kasi type mo mag-design ng bag, di ba? Wala lang :)

1:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yoyang, muy interesante, napick up mo ang current vibes ko ngayon of interest. medyo nahihilong talelong ako sa mga bag designs...hmmmmmmm.......

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger